Jens Holger Pfaender
Research Engineer II
Branch Chief System-of-Systems, Civil Aviation Research Division
Dr. Holger Pfaender is a Research Engineer within the School of Aerospace Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology, where he leads the ASDL’s Civil Aviation Research Division’s System-of-Systems Branch. In his current position, Dr. Pfaender leads and manages multi-disciplinary research teams in the fields of aviation environmental impacts and forecasting the effects of aeronautical technology evolution on the overall emissions and noise foot prints of aviations.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Aerospace Engineering, 2006, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA - USA
- Master of Science, Aerospace Engineering, 2003, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA - USA
- Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering, 2001, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL - USA
ASCENT Project 9 - GIS-based Noise Estimation Tool (Sponsor: FAA)
- Role: Co-Investigator
- Project overview: Develop a noise estimation tool that can estimate noise for the projected potential large future fleet of UAS systems operating not primarily near airports, but mostly residental and other areas.
- Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)