ASDL works with industry, military, and government organizations from around the world to solve their most complex and dynamic problems. From developing the world’s most sophisticated engineering designs to analyzing overwhelming and disparate resource allocation issues, ASDL has the expertise and tools to take organizations to the next level.
Over the course of 30 years, ASDL has conducted more than 400 studies for sponsoring organizations and received over $300M from government and industry to support research. Currently ASDL funding is an average of $12M per year. ASDL’s government and industry partners include Air Force Research Laboratory, Airbus, Boeing, Federal Aviation Administration, GE, Lockheed Martin, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Office of Naval Research, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Safran, and Siemens, among others.
Through its sponsored research, ASDL has:
- Enabled industry’s analytical capabilities to enhance processes and product development
- Influenced how organizations conduct systems analyses, quantitative system-level technology assessments, and design space explorations using advanced surrogate and reduced order methods
- Changed how research organizations conduct studies, de-risk projects, and design more efficient products through involvement in key strategic assessments
- Enabled conceptual design of propulsion systems for engine manufacturers through robust design methods
- Developed capabilities that are transforming Industry’s design and manufacturing processes